Continuing our experiment with tofu, here is another dish -Malia kofta. The step by step recipe is below:
- 3 boiled mashed potatoes
- Maida, Baking powder, Sooji
- Onions, tomatoes
- Red chilli dried
- Ginger garlic paste
- Butter & cream
- Common spices : Kasturi Methi powder, salt, black pepper, dhaniya powder, jeera powder, garam masala, red chill powder
METHOD FOR KOFTA
- Create a mixture of mashed potatoes, chopped tofu.
- Add kasturi methi powder, dhaniya powder, black pepper, red chilli powder
- Make kofta shaped in small rolls.
- Create a mixture of maida, baking powder and sooji
- cover the kofta rolls in above mixture to make it more crisp while frying
- Shallow fry all the kofta rolls
Kofta rolls are ready. Keep it aside. Time for some gravy.
METHOD FOR GRAVY
- Put chopped onion, tomato, kaju, ginger garlic paste, dried red chillies & elaichi in a pan with some oil.
- Add dhaniya powder, salt, chilli powder, garam masala.
- Add water, cook for 5-7 mins.
- Put the entire mixture in the mixer and make a gravy like paste.
- Cook the gravy for 10 mins at low flame. Add the kofta when done.
Put salt only in Gravy & not in kofta mixture. Adding salt in both will make it extra salty.