Recently, we came up with an idea of replacing everything that has paneer (cottage cheese) with tofu. Just for the sake of experimenting the difference in flavors.
To our surprise replacing paneer with tofu in most of the Indian dishes like kadhai paneer, palak paneer or sandwiches did not make much of a difference. Instead the Mr. paneer became more softer as Mr. tofu.
You must be thinking why cheese burst at home ? Its something you won’t find here. That pizza slice dipped in cheese from every corner. (Here it’s extra cheese, extra extra cheeese. Not cheese burst though).
Here is the recipe of making a cheese burst pizza at home with tofu. If you are from India, you’l often crave for everyone’s favorite cheese burst.
- 2 Brown bread slices
- Vegetables (Onion, tomato, capsicum, corn, tofu)
- Siracha (spicy), tomato ketchup
- Cheese slices
- Salt, black pepper, oregano, chili powder
- Take two bread slices, cut corners
- Cut one bread from the edges so that it’s smaller than the other one
- Take the bigger slice, put cheese slice above it and then the smaller bread.
- By applying pressure, roll the three together so that they bind together into one.
- Mix tomato ketchup, siracha and cheese Put pepper and oregano
- Take the bread, put sauce and finely chopped onion, tomatoes, capsicum, corn and tofu.
- Put pepper, salt, chilly powder, oregano
- Bake the bread sandwich or use pan with a lid for 7 mins
- Garnish with siracha on top