Ever wondered how you can make veg burger at home? Here is the recipe that is easy and fast.
Living in US, whenever i have this craving to eat Veg burger, I always end up finding burgers with black beans patties. Been a McD aloo tikki person (Potato patty), I decided why not try it at home. A dedicated Aloo-tikki- fan I am. 😛
So came up with a recipe that you can drool upon and is easy to make.
VEG ALOO TIKKI BURGER
- 2 medium potatoes
- Vegetables (Carrot, Peas, Onion, Beans, Bell peppers, Lettuce, Coriander leaves)
- Corn Starch or Wheat flour (Maida)
- Baking Powder
- Bread Crumbs
- Soft Burger Bun
- Cheese Slices/Siracha sauce (spicy)/Mayo/Tomato Ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder
- Chaat masala
- Black pepper powder
- Dhaniya powder
- Oil for shallow frying
- To make Aloo tikki
- Put potato and all veges (Carrot, Peas, Onion, Beans, Bell peppers) in a cooker…give 3 whistles for proper boil.
- Add spices (black pepper/salt/chaat masala/chilli powder/dhaniya powder) to the mixture and mix properly everything together.
- Use a poly wrap and put the mixture in it in a cylindrical shape. Roll the wrap to make cylinder like shape.
- Put it in freezer for 45 min.Once its frozen, cut the cylinder in thick slices & shape it into round patties with your palm.
- Mix 1 spoon of maida & 2 spoon of corn starch and little water to make a slimy mixture.
- Take your tikki and put in the slimy mixture, covering it from all the sides.
- Then put the tikki in the breadcrumbs and make sure it spreads evenly on whole tikki.
- Repeat this preparation for all tikkis.
- Fry the bread crumb covered tikkis in medium hot oil to give it a good crispy texture.
- For sauce
- Mix siracha, ketchup and mayo together.
- Toast your buns in butter from both sides.
- With everything ready, take your buns, put the tikki, and the sauce with the toppings you want (I prefer onions, tomatos and lettuce) and Tadaaa…Burger ready.
If you are really looking to eat Veg burger at some place and don’t have time to cook, 25 burgers in New Brunswick, NJ is one place where I found amazing Veg aloo tikki burgers.